Monday, January 18, 2010

April on Earth

April on Earth: "April, come she will--
When streams are ripe and swelled with rain.

May, she will stay--
Resting in my arms again.

June, she'll change her tune--
In restless walks she'll prowl the night.

July, she will fly--
And give no warning to her flight.

August, die she must--
The autumn winds blow chilly and Cold

September, I'll remember--
A love once new has now grown old


~Simon and Garfunkel 'April Come She Will'

Listen here, if you like.


My favorite version of this song is the live in Central Park concert from 1989, I believe. But seems that one doesn't exist on YouTube. I once had a relationship that followed this song rather fittingly, although over a year... not the few months spoken of. It's a relationship I'm glad to be rid of, as it left me with nothing but unpleasant memories for the most part. But such is youth sometimes, and the broken hearts of young girls and all too knowing boys.

April truly is the 'cruelest month'. I feel like it's come to a crawl at the moment while waiting for school to be over, even though all my biggest projects are done now. And the fact that it just started sleeting as I write this, and yet it's supposed to be a high in the 70's by this weekend, is definitely just cruel and unusual. As has most of this winter and spring been it seems. I'm counting down more to May 21st then May 4th when I take my last final. The 21st is when I'm free and should be released by my doctor to do anything I see fit, and can hopefully start working seriously on building some muscle back and getting out and enjoying the (by then) hopefully wonderful weather. I found myself dreadfully bored last night, even with things I could have been doing or working on. I get like that sometimes. Just an irritation from the inside out that makes me restless and annoyed in general, and it seems I can rarely find whatever might calm it. Even chamomile tea didn't help last night.

As is... happy Earth Day! Earth in my neighborhood isn't looking too sunny or cheerful right now, and I have a bit of a headache which is causing me to put off my schoolwork for the moment due to an inability to focus. Maybe a long shower will help somehow.

With all the talk on the morning shows about Earth Day and being 'green', I thought I'd show off some of the Earth I've walked naked on. I unfortunately don't really have many new images to show at the moment, as I haven't shot in earnest since the end of January because of school and winter weather. I hope that will change after the 21st as well!



image by Iksodas 2008


image by Steven Billups 2008




previous two images by Scott Nichol 2008


image by Studio-B 2007


image by Gil Goodrow 2007
"

No comments:

Post a Comment